Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Friday, June 13, 2008

A Minor Local Celebrity

I had a painful experience tonight, trying something new, and getting mobbed by the Teaming Masses Yearning to Breath Fumes.

So I was hurting, and I couldn't sing. And I sing, that's what I do. When I'm there, I'm singing. When I'm not singing, it's like I'm not there.

It's ironic, it's just karaoke, it's not like it's a big, important thing. But it is. Folks depend on it. I depend on it more. It's part of a normal evening here. I don't get paid for it, but still it's my job. If I'm not there, singing what I always sing, then it didn't happen, much.

And I didn't sing, because I was hurting. But they don't know. They just know it's Thursday, and Grizzly sings here on Thursdays. And if Grizzly doesn't sing, it didn't happen.

That's an overstatement, and exaggeration. And still, it's about right. It's just a teensy little thing, no one will ever mention my singing on CNN. God forbid they ever mention it on Fox News. But in this place, at these times, it needs to happen.

I'm still hurting, a bit. But it is nice to feel needed, at least for this brief little bit of illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?