Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Friday, June 6, 2008

Freaking out

Okay, here's the deal. I'd kind of reached a plateau with the "Grizzly's Growls" podcast, pretty consistently 100 downloads per episode, four episodes a month, so 400 downloads a month.

Last month I got almost 600 downloads. So far this month, six days in, almost 100 downloads already.

It's kinda freaking me out.

I am doing a couple things differently, "Hiber-Nation" in particular, but that doesn't cover the massive increase in downloads. Unless some kind soul is trying to cheer me up by downloading a few hundred extra shows ... I have no idea what's going on. If I did, I'd do more. Now I'm a bit scared I'll stop doing something I don't know I'm doing, and lose a bunch of listeners.

Imagine my shagrin, bemusement, and overall confusion.

Overall good, but a bit weird.

Maybe it's my careful and meticulous efforts to select the right music for the show, by playing the next song on a computer-generated list (the "It Doesn't Suck" list)?

Maybe it's the tremendous effort I put into audio quality, by recording in my echoey bedroom, and slapping together bits and pieces of audio I've accumulated?

Inquiring minds want to know. Me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?