Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Audio Christmas Card

As I've mentioned, I'm laid off. Don't have much in the way of cash. Still getting Unemployment, but that's no where near what I was making fulltime, when I was fulltime.

Wanted to get a few things for a few people, at least something for all the usual suspects. Spent some money on Mom, because she's Mom. Spent some money on my sister, because something perfect for her came up, and it wasn't too expensive.

I found an alternative. While I don't have money, I do have recording gear, a CD burner, blank CDs, a working inkjet printer, and regular paper. So I did an Audio Christmas Card. I kinda cheated on it, granted. I recorded a Christmas story for my "Stories from the Hiber-Nation" podcast, for the Christmas episode, tonight. The story came out well enough and pretty enough and sentimental enough, that was what inspired me to create the Audio Christmas Cards.

I also Googled for "CD Sleeve Templates," and found a post describing how to format a sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 paper so it can be folded into a CD sleeve. Added a bit of artwork, burned a CD with only the story part, not the intro or extro, folded it up inside, and "Bob's yer uncle." And I can repeat that till I run out of blank CDs. Got lots of paper and a new ink cartridge.

The CDs could be prettier. The sleeves could look more expensive. But this much, I could do.

Merry Christmas, fellow unemployed folk!

Griz

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?