Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Thursday, March 19, 2009

An Interesting Find

In doing a "Who's Talking About Me?" Google search today, I came across an interesting website about the true subject of "Monarch, the Big Bear of Tallac," by Ernest Thompson Seton, that I recorded for Podiobooks.com... Gee, did I mention that before?  ;-)

It's a site called "The Monarch Bear Institute."  Showed up way, way down the list in my Google search, and it has some interesting historical info.  This includes the name of the real "Lan Kelyan."  I wonder if Kelly's experiences with the bear were in any way similar to Kellyan's in the book?

No, not really.  And as it turns out, I now have another interesting Bear Book to read for Hiber-Nation.  Do I try to do both that and "Flatland" at the same time, kind of alternating, or bite the bullet on "Flatland," or just do the new one?

Hmmm...







No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?