Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Monday, October 6, 2008

How I would do a Tech Podcast

I have a minor dilemma. I do a "Personal Journal" sort of podcast. Nothing wrong with that. But of course, the really big, popular podcasts are "Tech Podcasts."

Trouble is, most Tech Podcasts are focused on listeners calling or writing in to ask questions, and the host answering those questions from a wealth of expertise. I don't have a wealth of expertise.

I don't actually know anything. I used to, but they changed it all in the 30 years I've been doing this, and I don't usually understand the new stuff that well. I just kinda fiddle around and muddle through, if what I'm doing is important enough to me. In fact, I have a lot more questions than I have answers.

So, here's my idea.

I ask the questions, my technically savvy audience provides the answers. I assume I have a technically savvy audience; I really have no idea. Never asked 'em. But they at least know how to download podcasts, right?

I certainly have plenty of questions that come to mind. I do try to follow many of the tech podcasts that actually have answers, but they're usually answering some question unrelated to mine -- interesting and educational, but not directly solving my problem.

So, this seems like it might work. Couldn't hurt, nu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?