Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Emperor Has No Clothes!

Every now and again, I get various stuff forwarded to me by my Mom, that's
from my Mom, so by definition it's Okay. Yet, it's either not Crap or it
is Crap. So I gotta say what I gotta say.

I love my Mom dearly, and will defend her to the death and beyond. And if
somebody wants to fight about that, I'll defend -that- to the death and
beyond.

But my Mom is handed what she's given, and does her best to find stuff
that's worthwhile to hand off to us, her children. She does the best she
can.

Even so, we are all handed all the crap that's dished out on the Interweb,
and we are sometimes obligated to accept what we're given, somewhere along
the line we have to say, "Waitaminute, the Emperor actually -has- no
clothes, and there's no guessing about it...."

I love my Mom, and respect her totally, but she's handed what she's handed
out of the sewer that is tha Internet, and does the best she can with what
she's given. And if she's at the end of a series of people who are handed
a wad of crap that purports to be the be-all and end-all of the Internet,
well, that's where she is, and she doesn't see it all.

So, I don't have a problem with being angry about what is passed along as
(purportedly) from her. But I am deeply offended by those who make
assumptions about what's important to be handed on with her name on it.

So, no, I didn't do my previous post with the intent to offend my mother.
And if I somehow accidentally stumble across the idiot who dumped this
crap in her lap...

And that's all I have to say about that.

--
Grizzly's Growls
The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
Blog: <http://grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?