Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Sunday, January 20, 2008

And now what?

Okay, got my swell new Samson Zoom H2 recorder. Now I feel like I really
oughta Record Something. Except now I can't think of a darn thing to say.

I'm so intimidated by this thing. Granted, I just got it yesterday. But
I'm scared I'm going to drop it and break it. Or take it somewhere and
lose it. Two hundred dollars worth of fragile electronics. Thousands of
different options. Where do I even start?

And now I know just how bad recording on my laptop sounded. When I record
with this thing, I can clearly hear that high-pitched whine that comes
from the harddrive on my aging laptop. So I don't dare have the thing
running when I'm recording. So I have to crank up my even older laptop,
because it doesn't make as much noise. I think. I haven't tried
recording with this thing when that laptop is running. Maybe that makes a
high-pitched whining, too.

And speaking of whining... <grin>

Anyway, eventually, I'll be recording shows with the Zoom. Once I have
something more to talk about than the Zoom itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?