Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Monday, June 29, 2009

Changes in Grizzly's Growls

I decided to make a significant change (or change back) in Grizzly's Growls.

The live, midday, Sunday show just isn't working for me.  Most people aren't around for the live part, and I'm usually not prepared to do a live show, unless I'm also prepared to do a recorded show.  And I've never been ready to do a recorded show at noon.  I always fiddle with stuff all Sunday, then finally get the silly thing recorded at the last minute on Sunday, edit it late at night, and get it done at some ridiculous hour of the morning Monday.

Sure, I -had- the live show on Sunday, but I still haven't edited it, and if and when I -do- edit it, it'll kinda suck, because I had nothing to say.  Ended up playing a bunch of music, and talking briefly with one guy on the phone.  He was calling from the UK, had a lot of background noise, and most of the time I couldn't understand what he was saying.  Not his fault.  Not something I could "fix in post," either.

I might well do better on live shows if I had a co-host, so between the two of us we'd always have something to talk about.  But maybe not.  And if I'm that boring, it'd be unfair to inflict that burden on a co-host.  ;-)

So the Sunday shows as currently constituted are gone for the moment.  Gotta think about that one a bit.

One option would be to just leave the BTR shows on BTR and forget about the copying and editing business.  But with The IDSL, I really prefer to produce a better-quality version.  Really don't like the low-bitrate mono files BTR archives automatically.  Not fair to the music or the musicians for the low quality copy to be the only copy.  If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right.

I'll let you know.

Griz




No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?