Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coming soon, on Podiobooks.com !!

Hey, guess what! On Friday, my reading of Ernest Thompson Seton's book, "Monarch, the Big Bear of Tallac," originally recorded for my podcast, will become available on Podiobooks.com. Yay Me!



Usual disclaimers apply. I didn't write the book, I just read it. And while it's pretty good, it isn't a perfect recording. There's a bunch of technical stuff I'd change, and change, and change, so that potentially it'd never be done (especially the promo, which I just finished an hour ago, and already want to redo). And yeah, it's already available in my "Stories from the Hiber-Nation" podcast. And either way it's free, with the option of donations.

The book was originally published in 1919, and is currently in the Public Domain. I've only recorded public domain works, except one episode, because that's what I have access to. I don't have money to spend on licensing for newer works. Don't I wish, though! Maybe someday.

Still, getting the darn thing done is kind of a landmark. I started on the project back before the tragic demise of my laptop's harddrive, and this does mark the moment when I'm capable of and comfortable with doing the recordings I used to do before the Singularity. I am quite proud of most of the reading. That's why I didn't even consider re-recording the book. I like the spontanaety and the real emotion in the reading, and I suspect I might lose that with another try.

This is a nice time for it, too; with the Flash player on the E. T. Seton Institute site, there's a bit of synergy between my various projects and the sites where you can find my work. A rising tide raises all boats, and all the boats, oddly enough, raise the tide.

So, anyway, Yee-haw and what-not. Cool, huh?

Griz







No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?