Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wonders never cease

Had a young fellow who mentioned his local band, AlterStasis. Since I am a shameless promoter of my own little show, I mentioned that I do play the music of local artists on my own "Grizzly's Growls" podcast.

So, since he was nice enough to ask, and since I've devoted a chunk of my own activities to promoting local artists, I figured I would. Can't say they Don't suck, can say I've met one of their bandmates and didn't get robbed, mugged, or beat up. Depending on what sort of "show" you're looking for, that may be an endorsement or a whatchamacallit.

Anyway, if I can find their music on their website somewhere, in a form I can play on my show, sure, I'll play me some. At worst, saves me some time coming up with Actual Content of my own.

Sad to say, I'm artistically mostly a punker. Sad to say, because they wouldn't like my show, I wouldn't like their music. But if we could get past the fistfights and spitting and other ill-feeling, we'd probably be headed in the same directions.

Go figure, huh?

A LATER THOUGHT: I've met one guy, who SAID he was part of what he SAID was a band, that he SAID was called "AlterStasis." None of the above might even exist.

Skeptical older fella I am, I really oughta take a moment for that aspect of my task in God's Universe. Gotta be done, that whole Skeptic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?