Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just call me Professor

I was just asked, for the umpteenth time, if I teach at the nearby University. And of course I don't.

Back in High School, one of the few pleasant nicknames I had was Professor. I guess I have that sort of look. Or maybe I look geeky enough to be a professor, or hairy enough. I've been letting my hair grow out, just to see what it turns into. Right now, it's turning into a fright wig. If I dyed it orange, I could work at a circus.

Add to the hair thing that I am spending my time, as usual, behind the keyboard of my computer. I've actually been doing that for a substantial portion of the last 30-some years. I guess it comes naturally to me now. Anyway, I can see where a long-haired, bearded older guy who appears to be "working" with a computer while sitting in a bar near a University might appear to be a professor of some sort. Or a hacker, or a nut.

The fact that I'm blogging, Twittering, and emailing in between visits to Facebook actually is four more votes in favor of the assumption, now that I think about it.

Ain't New Media fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?