Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Now what do I do?

I'm reminded of the end of the old Robert Redford movie, "The Candidate."
Redford's character goes from an idealistic but not too articulate civil
rights lawyer, to an articulate but not too idealistic candidate. At the
end he's elected (hope I didn't spoil it for you), and then he asks, "Now
what do I do?" And none of the campaign pros who got him elected answer.
The election's over, their job is done, now it's up to him.

I was just thinking, having put up a post a while back about being a
candidate for City Council in Ann Arbor MI's 4th Ward, even though I don't
live anywhere near there and haven't for years, what would happen if a
bunch of folks put me down as a write-in candidate? I probably would be
ineligible. Probably. But suppose I got the majority and was "elected,"
more or less.

Then what do I do? Pack my bags and move back to Ann Arbor?

Not gonna happen. But be careful what you wish for, sometimes you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?