Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Good news, bad news, good news, bad news, and so on

A friend of mine changed jobs, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

She's a very pretty lady, and I've known her for a little while, working
together. Younger than me chronologically, but has a range of life
experience beyond my comprehension. Interesting to listen to her, talking
about her life. Recently, she went back to her old career.

Exotic dancer.

So hey, I hadda go look, and yes, she looks every bit as good nekkid as
I'd thought. I've seen exotic dancers before, never was a problem. But
another part of me is uncomfortable seeing a lady I know from elsewhere,
dancing nekkid. I respond to her the way guys to respond to pretty,
nekkid young women, but I feel a little uncomfortable feeling that way
about someone I sorta know from elsewhere.

Note the use of the word "nekkid" here probably demonstrates some of my
discomfort -- "nekkid" isn't the same thing as "naked." I wonder if that
doesn't describe it well. I see her as a dancer, and she's "nekkid," and
hey, I'm fine with that. Then I recognize my friend, all of a sudden,
she's "naked" in public in front of Gawd 'n' everybody and there I am
watching, and that makes me uncomfortable.

Don't know what I'm supposed to feel about that. It's her choice, her
life -- lots better money than where I work -- and she says it makes her
happy. And if it makes her happy, it can't be that bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?