Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Quality?

I'm having one of those Wiskey-Tango-Foxtrot days.

I hadn't looked at the stats for this blog in rather a long while. I check what's happening with the podcast pretty regularly. Hardly anybody listens to the podcasts, really.

Then today, I started digging around in Blogtracker, and there it was. I went from a rank of 1800-something to 800-something. So I dug further.

The graph at the right gives the best information: about 100 visits a day since the 15th. No idea why. I did nothing special on the 15th, and nothing since then. Oh, wait a minute...

Well. The one thing I can think of is my announcement on the "Stories from the Hiber-Nation" podcast that I was going to podcast "Heretics" by G.K. Chesterton. That project is going to be unusual for me. I normally read books that tell stories. This one just talks, intelligently and humorously, about serious topics like ethics and morality, religion and politics -- topics I never discuss, and topics that (in my opinion) don't seem to get discussed anymore, without spitting and foaming at the mouth and insulting people. The first episode of my reading of "Heretics," in fact, just dropped the other day, too.

Doesn't make sense to look here, though. The podcast is over at the podcast website. And I rarely talk about the podcast here. I actually rarely blog anymore. So why here, and why now?

But that is the only substantial thing that changed on that date. So I suppose that must be it.

I suppose it's nice that folks are enthused about something I'm doing. But it just kinda strange.

And I have to admit, for the last couple days, I've been kinda bummed about the apparent lack of interest in the podcasts. I have over 600 people following me on Twitter. I have over 200 people subscribed to my various podcasts. And I have around 20 people actually downloading the shows and listening to them. People seem to find me interesting. But they don't seem to find my podcasts, the most important thing I'm doing to me, interesting. So Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot are they following me, if they don't care about what I'm saying?

Social media sucks, when you're an Aspie without social skills to speak of. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?