Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stick-on barcode on Paypal fobs?

I have one of those new Paypal security fobs. Like the idea, worry about
losing the thing, or Something Going Horribly Wrong.

Thing is, it's got a stick-on label with a barcode on the back. On the
one hand, I'd think to remove it, the same way I'd remove the sticker on a
combination padlock. On the other hand, I'd think there might be some
moment in the future -- this is a whole new gadget, and it's all future --
where I need that barcode. On the gripping hand, even if it is necessary,
it seems like it'd be a security hole while I'm carrying the thing around.

Thoughts?

--
grizzly at grizzly dot podzone dot org
Podcast: <http://grizzly.libsyn.com>
Promo: <http://media.libsyn.com/media/grizzly/grizprom.mp3>
Blog: <grizzlysgrowls.blogspot.com>
The Life and Times of a Minor Local Celebrity

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?