Donors Choose - Grizzly's Giving Page

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Oh, C'mon, Get Real!

From time to time, people wonder why I'm not like some other guys --
always looking out for an opportunity to come on to some woman. I like
women a lot, and have more-than-liked (wink wink nudge nudge) a fair
number over the years.

But let's get real.

I'm 48 years old.

I'm overweight.

I have gray streaks in my beard.

I don't dress well.

I don't own a home.

I don't own a car.

In fact, I haven't driven since Drivers Training in High School.

I don't have much money.

I don't have much of a job -- hey, telemarketer, hello?

I have a quirky sense of humor.

I have a quirky personality, and everything else.

So most women will not be particularly interested in me.

I know that, and since I know that, if I come on to anyone who wanders by
and smells female -- and these days, that could mean a bunch of different
things -- I know I'm being rude, 9 or more times out of 10.

And I may have a whole lot of annoying qualities, but I'm at least not
rude.

And, well, if that's not like A Lot Of Other Guys, that's a bad thing?

If one of those rare women come along who can look at the whole package
and -still- be interested, and who interest me, well, I'm willing to
listen. Nothing has stopped working, turned purple and fallen off, so all
in all, I'm doing fine.

Other than that, what do I care?

On the other hand, I am the host of an Internationally-Syndicated Talk
Program on that Interweb thing all the kids are into these days. So one
never knows, do one?

--
Grizzly <grizzly at grizzly.podzone.org>
Podcast:
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysgrowls>
Blog:
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/grizzlysblog>
Some Weird Guy Whining About His Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment

GG20231124 -- Coming (Hopefully) Soon

Show Theme: "Hot Swing" from Kevin MacLeod Listen now?